Despite what many tourists think, Canberra is actually the capital city of Australia (not Sydney) and is considered by many to be the cultural center of the country. With a thriving art scene, growing number of boutique bars and restaurants, and historical monuments, museums, and galleries the city of Canberra is a popular destination for both local and foreign tourists. Surrounded by bushland and nature reserves, getting a car hire in Canberra gives you the opportunity to discover the city’s cultural aspects and the region’s natural wonders.
Things to do in Canberra
With Canberra being the capital of the country, there are many unique festivals that occur in the area all throughout the year, making it a great destination any time. Here are some of the most popular things the area has to offer:
• In the spring you take part in Floriade, the largest Australian springtime festival
• If you visit in autumn, watch the Balloon Fiesta outside of the city.
• In the winter, the Fireside Festival adds fun and warmth even on the coldest nights.
• Get a look at the unique history of Australia by visiting the Australian War Museum.
• Visit the numerous art galleries that line the city to see iconic collections from some of Australia’s most prominent artists. Canberra is also home to the National Gallery of Australia as well as the National Portrait gallery.
• With a car hire Canberra tourists can take a day trip to the Tidnbinbilla Nature Reserve or visit the Murrumbidgee River Corridor.
Car Hire Canberra
Whether you are visiting Australia’s capital for business or simply looking for a fun and educational place to stay for your holiday, Canberra is a perfect choice. Make things easier by renting a car in Canberra. With Car Hire Nation you can get the best possible rates from all of the leading names in car rental; book today to ensure you have transportation throughout your trip.