Perth is the capital city of the Australian state of Western Australia and is the only capital city to be located on the Indian Ocean. Whether you want to relax and enjoy a cocktail while watching the sunset near Cottlesloe beach, discover the secluded and enchanting coves of Rottnest Island (and even catch lobster), or enjoy the clean beaches surrounding the city’s skyscrapers, Perth is the perfect location for anyone that wants to enjoy the city life while being right on the beach.
Things to do in Perth
To ensure you enjoy the warm days, bright blue skies, and cool nights that Western Australia has to offer, the best time to visit Perth is in April to May or September to November. With the weather on your side, here are a few things you should try while visiting one of Western Australia’s greatest cities.
• Go whale watching in the Indian Ocean if you are visiting between September and November.
• Be immersed in history while strolling through the Fremantle History Seaside Port (don’t forget to visit Sail & Anchor to try one of the 43 beers they have on tap).
• Visit famous beaches for a day of relaxation and surfing. Visit Trigg beach and hit the waves or enjoy a relaxing family picnic while watching the sunset over Cottesloe beach.
• Take a ferry tour to visit Rottnest Island and see the famous quokkas.
• Rent a car in Perth and take a day trip to the Swan Valley to see where they make some of Australia’s finest wines.
Car Hire Perth
With so much to do and see in and around the city it may be best to hire a rental car in Perth. Car Hire Nation offers the best rates from the world’s leading car rental agencies to ensure that you have the best possible experience with your car hire. Perth and other Australian destinations are just a few of the locations we offer.